Looks don’t really matter that much when it comes to buying baking equipment. A sleek appearance is an added bonus in the Cuisinart CPS-113. Its bold black finish could be a delightful addition to your kitchen. But you must be wondering what about the build quality, durability, and material? Cuisinart is one of the most premier manufacturers of cookware in the world.
Their latest roll out is one of their most upscale products till date in terms of design, performance, and value for money as well. There are tons of pizza cordierite pizza stones in the market in various sizes.
So, what makes Cuisinart CPS-113 Alfrescamore Ceramic Glazed Cordierite Pizza Stone? This is the question we will be addressing throughout the whole review. Keep reading.
Cuisinart Ceramic Glazed Cordierite Pizza Stone:
Key Features we have considered on our research:
Key Features in details:
1. Dimension and thickness- This is a glazed pizza stone with a diameter of 13” and a thickness of 3/8”. While 13” doesn’t make up for a huge surface for large pizzas, it would suffice as an entry-level model. You can easily bake a medium size pizza for 4 on it. The material thickness aids an even distribution of heat across the stone, resulting in a golden, crispy crust. That too, every single time.
2. Material selection- The cordierite stone used in the making of Cuisinart CPS-113 Alfrescamore Ceramic Glazed Cordierite Pizza Stone is premium in the truest sense of the term. You feel the hardiness of the material just by touching the surface. The pizzas baked on it closely resemble the pizzas freshly baked in a brick oven. The quality of the stone used in it is evident from the taste, the aroma and the look of the pizzas.
3. Glazed surface- The glazed surface of the pizza stone is another added plus. It prevents the dough from sticking to the surface and also makes cleaning the equipment a breeze. Another advantage is that you can cut the bread and pizzas right on the stone and serve directly on the table, fresh and crispy.
However, on the downside, baking cookies and desserts like brownie and pastries is quite a hassle on the stone. It is because the glazed surface causes the dough to spread too much instead of letting them rise properly.
4. Grill-safe- If you don’t own an oven, fret not because Cuisinart CPS-113 Alfrescamore Ceramic Glazed Cordierite Pizza Stone is completely grill-safe. Provided that you prep the stone well before baking, pizza base will start showing up criss-cross charred marks and release that soul-steering smell within a few minutes of loading it in the oven.
5. Dishwasher safe- The glaze on the pizza stone surface helps you keep the stone stain-free with just a little effort. If you don’t feel like washing it manually, leave the hard work on your dishwasher.
Why should you use Cuisinart CPS-113 Alfrescamore Ceramic Glazed Cordierite Pizza Stone?
Sturdy design- A tough build is perhaps the most sought-after quality in a pizza stone. The folks at Cuisinart have made an earnest effort to ensure the material can withstand high heat without cracking.
The slick black finish of the stone acts as an icing on the cake. Thanks to the glazed cooking surface, sliding off the pizza from the stone is a breeze. It’s totally fine to bake pizzas or other items without a baking sheet on it.
Less cooking time- You can cook a 12” Chicago style pizza on this cooking stone within roughly 10 minutes. The 3/8” thick stone holds up to 500 degrees without any issue.
The waiting time between each pizza isn’t more than 5-6 minutes. The heat is evenly spread across the cooking surface, ensuring that the crust is baked to perfection. It might take you a few attempts to get the hang of it.
Once you figure out the little quirks of your oven or grill, you can calibrate the heat accordingly for best output.
FunFacts: Did you know when was pizza firstly ordered by a computer?
It was in 1997, An artificial Language Laboratory did that for a speaking test and it successfully passed the test. cheers!!
Low maintenance- This is where the Cuisinart CPS-113 has a critical edge over traditional pizza stones. The former is super easy to clean up for years, that too without any rigorous scrubbing. The glazed surface prevents the smoke and food leftovers from staining the pizza stone.
Moreover, the equipment is dishwasher safe as well. So, on those Sunday nights smeared with the thought of Monday blues, let your dishwasher take care of the pizza stone. And you, just Netflix and relax.
Heat retention capacity- The premium cordierite pizza stone not only gets smoking hot real quick but also retains the heat for a long time. In order bake a cold pizza base, the safe practice is to cook it on a pan and then on the stone, half and half.
Scratch-free- The glazing on the pizza stone surface has one more advantage. Cutting the pizzas right on the stone won’t cause any scratch on it. It also adds to the ease of removing the pizza from the stone. Make it a point to preheat the stone to 475-500 degrees so that the dough doesn’t stick to the surface.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Does it cook frozen pizza?
A: Yes, it does.
Q: Can it be used on grills?
A: Grills, open flame, ovens, stovetops- it is compatible with all of them.
Q: What is the approx. weight of the stone?
A: About 1.5 lbs.
Q: Is it seasoned?
A: Yes, it is.
Q: How much heat can it hold up?
A: Up to 500 degrees, without forming any cracks on the stone.
Cooking is an art. Choosing the right equipment for it is the second most important thing after possessing some serious cooking skill to excel in this art form. The Cuisinart CPS-113 Alfrescamore Ceramic Glazed Cordierite Pizza Stone provides a great value for money.
Whether it’s the humble size of the stone or ease of cleaning, it offers everything both home cooks and pro chefs would generally look for in a pizza stone. Hope that helps. Happy baking!
If you wish you can always look at our pizza stone review, where we have made in depth review of all the available pizza stone out there.