You need a pizza stone? You are confused as you have heard someone say about Emily Henry Pizza stone.
Should you go for it? or not?
Lets make it clear in our in depth Emily Henry pizza stone.
Who won’t love to invest in a pizza stone that is easy to handle and even easier to clean up?
This baking Stone combines all the essential features seasoned chefs will look for in a pizza stone and it is selected as one of the best pizza stone we have ever reviewed.
Apart from being low maintenance, it is also made from a lead-free material which can handle up to 550-degree temp without any issue. The stone has a dimension of 14.6 inches, a befitting size for conventional ovens as well as charcoal grills.
If you are still having trouble in making up your mind, read our in-depth review of this product and thank us later.
Emile Henry Flame Pizza Stone Complete reviews:
The Size- The stones are 14.6” in diameter which will comfortably fit into traditional ovens. You can even safely use it in a microwave oven or charcoal grill, depending on your preferred method of cooking. The width of the cooking surface leaves sufficient room for making a medium-sized pizza. You can go for the larger version if you wish to make large pizzas and French Baguettes.
The Thickness- On a slightly disappointing note, the thickness of the stone is less compared to many of its similarly-priced counterparts. Thin stones are prone to breakage when put through high heat. But the saving grace is that it can effectively handle a temp range of 500-550 degrees. Most pizza recipes require the temperature of 500 degrees. So, nothing to worry here.
Ingenious Design- Emily Henry is a famous cookware manufacturer based in France. They have gone with lead-free refractory ceramic for the base material of the stone. This not only lends a unique yet flavor to the dishes but also makes the product highly resistant to thermal shocks. It has ridges on it to circulate air under the pizza base while baking, resulting in wafer-thin and crispy crusts. Also, its raised edges prevent the dough from falling off while you get the pizza on and off the stone. And the best of them all, its extra long handle lets you easily remove the stone from the oven and serve it piping hot directly to the table. That’s oh-so chef-like!
Glazed Stone- The micro glazed cooking surface ensures pitch-perfect golden and crispy crusts every time. It also keeps the stone from soaking the grease and detergent which might otherwise result in a bad odor. You can cut your pizzas and sourdoughs right on top of the stone without causing any ugly scratches.
Low-maintenance- Soap, scrub, and cold water are only things you’ll need to clean up the stone. And if you want to leave the hard work for the dishwasher, you can do that too.
Why Should You Use Emily Henry Flame Pizza Stone?
Here are the top 5 reasons why the Emily Henry Flame Pizza Stone is worth every penny of yours-
1. Glazed on Top- The Emily Henry Flame Pizza is glazed on top. It not only prevents the grease from soaking up but also makes cleaning the mess up a breeze. Your pizzas will smoothly slide off the stone when cooked. Unfortunately, the bottom of the stone is unglazed which leads to excessive smoke if it gets super hot. You have to monitor the temp constantly to make sure this doesn’t happen.
2. Cooking Time- Seriously, nobody has the patience to wait for several minutes to bake just one pizza or a couple of calzones. This variant of Emily Henry will ready the pizza, whether it’s made from the scratch or an instant base, within 8 minutes. It can nicely withstand and maintain a steady temperature of 550 degrees. Although you might prefer a higher temp for certain dishes, this will suffice for a medium New York style pizza. Another advantage is that the cold pizza, when reheated on this stone, stays hot for a long time.
3. Compatibility- Want to use your BBQ grill to cook pizza during camping? Well, the good news is you can do that with this pizza stone. And not just BBQ grills and standard ovens, this can safely be used with charcoal grills, electric stovetops and even under broilers. Like all premium pizza stones, this can also act a heat sink for your oven. Just place it on the bottom rack and it will maintain the intended temp for other baking purposes.
4. User-friendly Design- The extra long handles wired to this stone makes removing the pizza from the oven a breeze. You could serve pizzas fresh from the oven directly on the table to impress your folks. Shaking the pizza on the stone without risking spillage is all the more easier, thanks to the raised edges.
5. Dishwasher Safe- There are very few dishwasher-safe pizza stones available at this price in the market right now. If you wish to wash manually, first scrape off the remnants and then soak the stone in hot water. Using cold water to rinse a hot stone will cause a massive thermal shock. The stone isn’t thick enough to withstand that. Therefore, it might form cracks and significantly reduce the lifetime of the stone.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What is the exact dimension of this stone? Will it fit a standard sized oven?
A: 14.6”. This should seamlessly fit in almost all types of ovens.
Q: Is the material food safe?
A: According to the manufacturer’s website, it is.
Q: Can it be used on an open flame?
A: The answer is a definite yes.
Q: What temp range would be the best if we use the stone on a gas grill?
A: About 425 degrees should be fine for pizzas and bread.
Q: Is it okay to cook fish or roast meat on this stone?
A: It is better not to. This stone is specifically designed to bake pizzas and bread.
The Emily Henry Pizza stone is not the best pizza stone in its league to be honest. It has its share of flaws but none of them are glaring enough to be considered as a deal-breaker.
If your applications are limited to making pizzas and occasionally, bread too, this could well be your go-to product. Hope the air of doubt in your mind is cleared. Thanks for reading.
You can Look for our top pizza stone reviews and find the one that suits your need.